Friday, September 18, 2009

Want to learn some Spanish?


In order to boost our Spanish acquisition, we are studying "weekend vocabulary" as a family. Each weekend, we will have a list of words we try to use and remember for the weekend. If you want to learn Spanish with us, study our list with us as I post....

escuchar: to listen
patines: rollar skates
piscina: swimming pool
esperar: to wait/ to hope
musica: music
pelicula: movie
tocar: to play an instrument
huevos: eggs
oracion: prayer
comer: to eat
pensar: to think
balon: ball
lavamanos: sink
taza de bano: toilet
zapatos: shoes
palomitas de maiz: popcorn
tarea: homework
hermano (a): brother/sister
lluvia: rain
divertido: funny

There will be an online quiz on Sunday night (just kidding).

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! it will go so much easier, doing it together and USING the words. I especially like peliquila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! Are you labeling things around the house, too? I did that in my classroom... English in green, Spanish in orange. I had a student that moved from Nicaragua mid-Fall and knew NO English. By the end of the year, he was speaking incredibly well, but I was amazed at how I thought he understood more when reading than speaking. It was such a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i. am. in.

    quiz, please.

    ReplyDelete